TSS Handy Hints
Here is some information, which you might find useful:
- Your child can come into school from 8.45am but must be in school by 8:55am
- The school side gates are opened at 8:45 and close at 9am or soon after.
- If your child is unwell, please contact the school office on 01753 862540 each morning to let us know. If you have booked a school lunch please ask the office staff to cancel it.
- All children in the Infants are provided with a piece of fresh fruit or vegetable each day. If you send in additional snacks please ensure they are ‘Healthy Snacks’ and nut free. Milk is provided for all children under 5. If you would like to order milk for an older child, please ask at the school office for information.School Lunch menus cover a three week period and are sent home in school bags every third Wednesday for the following three weeks. Please ensure the completed forms are returned by the following Friday. You can order for up to 3 weeks in advance, please ensure payment is enclosed, unless you qualify for Free School Meals (ask at the office for info)
- We have a number of children who are allergic to nuts, and / or sesame seeds, please do not pack products with these ingredients for lunch or snacks
- School finishes at 3:15. After this time children must be supervised in the playground by a responsible adult and should not be allowed to climb trees, fences and other non-climbing features in the playground. The playground should be clear by the time the automatic gates close at 3.40pm
- Please use the blue form (in, or near the office) to let the class teacher know if somebody else will be collecting your child from school.
- If you are going to be late collecting your child, can you please call the school office on 01753 862540. Your child will then wait in the foyer area.
- If your child requires any prescription medicine while they are in school, we ask that you complete a green medication request, and leave this and the medicine in the school office.
- Newsletters are issued regularly. They are emailed to parents where we have an email address, and are also available on the school’s website: . The teachers all have their own blogs with class information. These are updated weekly and are also accessed via the website.
- We sometimes use a text service to contact parents (ie to advise about an unexpected school closure, or a class assembly etc), and an email service (for newsletters etc). Please ensure that we always have an up-to-date contact information for you.
- Please ask at the office for separate information sheets if you require a uniform list or details of term dates